Timur Tamerlane (1336-1405) was a prominent political figure of the second half of the XIV century. He founded a huge Asian Empire and the Timurid dynasty. The state’s capital was the city of Samarkand. The Bishop bore the title of – Emir, which translated from Arabic means “Lord.” The limits of its power stretched from Asia Minor to India and from the Aral sea to the Persian Gulf. Timur died during a trip to China in February 1405.
The dead body of the Bishop was embalmed and transported to Samarkand. The coffin was buried in the mausoleum Gur-Emir, which translated from Persian means “tomb of kings”. Thus, the tomb of Tamerlane in 1405 was built in Samarkand. In accordance with the custom of her curse was imposed, warning about the terrible evils if the sarcophagus with the body of the Emir will be opened.
The remains of Timur Tamerlane stored in a black sarcophagus
The opening of the tomb of Tamerlane
After coming to power of the Bolsheviks all the gold, precious stones and platinum have become the property of the state of workers and peasants. It has therefore become common practice to open the family crypts and removed from jewelry. In Russia, it is practiced very widely. In Central Asia until the early 40-ies of similar activities were not conducted. Continue reading
Archaeologists in Peru have managed to make a remarkable discovery: they dug up the room in which priests allegedly burnt sacrifices and communed with the higher powers. The building, built five thousand years ago is probably the most ancient sanctuary in the region.
Peruvian archeologists have discovered the ruins of stone buildings, which in ancient times, in all probability, served as a temple. The ruins of religious buildings situated in the side wing of the main pyramid at El Paraiso, forty kilometers North-East of the capital of Peru, Lima.
In the middle of the temple premises was a place for kindling the sacred fire and the altar for ceremonial burning brought gifts. Archaeologists have given this building called the “Temple of fire”. According to the Ministry of culture of Peru, on fragments of stone walls from the inner side are remains of yellow clay, which thin layer covers the walls of the room. Somewhere on the stones of the masonry and clay scientists found traces of red paint.
The area of the fire Temple small – about 56 square meters (about 7 to 8 meters). Interestingly, the entrance to Hambil very narrow (48 centimeters), so that freely pass through it could only lean, narrow-shouldered man. Researchers believe that in this room, mostly, burned sacrificial gifts. “Inhaling smoke from burning sacrifices, the priests, probably addressed to the gods, asked about vital matters, then listened to the will of the gods,” said Marco Hillje, head of the archaeological expedition, which produces excavations in the territory of El paraíso.
The excavations El paraíso occupies 50 hectares in the valley of the river Chillon. The complex of buildings consists of ten different stone buildings, already cleared from a thick layer of stones and sand. Archaeologists suggest that the settlement is actually one of the earliest in the Andes. Continue reading