Stonehenge is an icon of prehistoric British culture, an Enigma that interested archaeologists and tourists for centuries. Why would he come here? What is its value? And which forces inspired its creators? A team of international archaeologists have found a new approach that, perhaps, is the key to the mysteries of Stonehenge.
The document, known as papyrus Harris, or the will of the Pharaoh Ramesses III, describes the last will of the ruler on the throne. But scientists are far more intrigued by another part of the papyrus, which refers to the untold reserves of gold and copper that were used by the Pharaoh, and clearly indicated that the ore mined and abandoned by the gods. Experts began to look for other documents of the same period. On the Turin papyrus map, which is stored in Italy, indicates the location of the mines, where the gods had mined gold and copper. This 15 kilometer stretch Addie-ha-Mamat in the Arabian desert.
It is known that the mankind many times faced with amazing finds, such as skeletons, skulls which had a rather strange shape. And recently there was another mystery – archaeologists have discovered in Peru the mummy of humanoid creatures with huge heads. The sensation was the fact that the first studies have shown that despite some similarities with the person that is not a people, but then what is it? Fudge uchenyh visionary or still another indirect fact in favor of the hypothesis about the existence of extraterrestrial civilizations, representatives of which. perhaps, once visited our Earth? Continue reading
Interest in antiquities was awakened in Russia in the Petrine era. Picking up collections, active excavations, and special research contributed to the formation of archaeology as a scientific discipline in the nineteenth century. In the twentieth century, archaeology became a discipline taught at universities. Academic research, combined with extensive training of archaeology students have achieved marked success in the study of the material culture of the past.
The first year students of historical faculty offered a course entitled “fundamentals of archaeology”. For students majoring in the Department, are compulsory special course: the “Field archaeology”, “the Stone age, Eneolit and bronze age” “Iron age”, “Antique archaeology”, “Archaeology of Ancient Russia”, “Source”, “Scientific methods in archaeology”, “Typological seminar, Historiography of archaeology”, “Archaeological practice”.
In addition to required courses for students specializing in a particular area of archaeology, the Department staff and scientists from other institutions, including the Institute of archaeology RAS, the Institute of Ethnology of the Russian Academy of Sciences, State Historical Museum, read different courses.
In addition to training, the Department has research topical seminars: Novgorod (hands. V. L. Yanin), Smolensk (hands. T. A. Pushkina), “History of ancient craft” (hands. N. In.Ryndina), “Morphology of antiquities” (hands. Y. L. Shchapova), “Problems of archaeology of the early iron age” (hands. I. V. Yatsenko, A. R. Kantorovich). The seminars bring together undergraduate and graduate students, researchers and teachers not only of Moscow state University and other scientific institutions of Moscow.
The basis of fieldwork for students-historians I course for majoring students has always been a standing expedition, which at present is reduced to four. It – Novgorod (hands. V. L. Yanin), Smolensk (hands. T. A. Pushkina), the Crimean (hands. E. A. Popova), don (hands. N. B.Leonova). The materials of the expeditions become themes of course and diploma works of students, PhD theses of graduate students. The Department’s Continue reading
The Museum of archaeology of Moscow is located in underground pavilion at the depth of 7 meters in the historic center of the city. The Museum was opened in 1997, after large-scale excavations at the Manege square in the construction of the shopping center “Okhotny Ryad”. The main exhibit of the Museum is the preserved foundations of the Voskresensky bridge, which once spanned across the river Neglinka. With the resurrection of the bridge began as a way to Tver, and then and in St. Petersburg. Before its construction this place there was a ferry. In the beginning of XVII century was built the bridge was the first stone bridge in Moscow. It can be seen on the plans of Moscow of the XVII century. In 1740 instead of the old bridge by the architect P. Heyden was new erected, the white stone bridge. He was more than 100 meters long and reaches 30 meters in width. Of the five arches of the bridge the flow was only one – right, when viewed in the direction of the bridge with the gallery of the Museum. The design of the bridge is quite well preserved due to the fact that, in 1817-19, during the restoration works after the war of 1812, the river Neglinka enclosed pipe, and the Voskresensky bridge as unnecessary covered. Continue reading