The main part of the collections of ancient gold Special storeroom of the Hermitage is composed mainly thanks to scientific archaeological investigations conducted in the territory of the Northern black sea. A separate study there started here in the XVIII century. Already in 1763 in Ukraine near the modern Kirovograd was one of the first excavated Scythian kurgans — Cast, well-known in science under the name of Melgunovka treasure . containing a variety of gold and silver jewelry and weapons.
However, a systematic study of the antiquities of the South of Russia began only in the second quarter of the nineteenth century. The impetus for this was a wonderful discovery of the Kul-Oba in 1830 near Kerch. Luxury graves in this burial mound, found in it works of art, scientific world acquainted with the masterpieces of Greek toreutics, caused a sensation among his contemporaries. Most of the stuff was taken to the Hermitage, where they formed the nucleus of world famous collections of antiquities of Cimmerian Bosporus (Greek name of the Kerch Strait).
Since the opening of the Kul-Oba area of Kerch and the Taman Peninsula and the southern steppes became a place of permanent archaeological searches. During the XIX — early XX century here worked a whole galaxy of Russian archaeologists and archaeology fans, the result of which has been gained huge semesterisation on culture and art of the local tribes and Greek colonies of the Northern black sea.
In 1859 in St. Petersburg of the Imperial Archaeological Commission . in whose jurisdiction was all basic research in Russia. Since then the new discoveries and, primarily, articles of precious metals, found in mounds and burials, invariably got into the Hermitage. Since that time, Russian archaeology was developing in a scientific direction.
The oldest specimens of toreutics, open in the CIS are the middle of the third Millennium B. C. These samples are from the barrow, which was discovered in 1897 on the streets of the city of Maikop in the North Caucasus. Continue reading
The Museum was organized in 1994 under the guidance of the scientific worker of the scientific-research sector of Gorno-Altaisk state University, V. I. Soenov and the assistant of the chair of Russian history and law A. B. Abela. The basis of the exhibition includes materials obtained in archaeological excavations of V. D. Kubarev, V. A. Mogilnikova, V. I. Sainova, A. C. Abela, etc.
In 2011, the Museum of archaeology became part of the Museum complex of the Gorno-Altai state University.
The Museum holds the work of educational, cultural, and scientific nature:
on the basis of the Museum is Museum practice students of historical faculty;
for first-year students is conducted “archaeological skit” – presentation of results of archaeological expeditions Gaga;
there are thematic excursions for schoolchildren, visitors, University students and other educational institutions of the city;
the Museum participates in citywide events;
publikuyutsya the Museum;
the Museum of archaeology participated in the archaeological expeditions of the University, office and office processing of obtained materials;
section of Museum studies at the annual scientific and practical conference of students, postgraduates and teachers. Continue reading
Harikari adopted in archaeological science the name for the mounds with rounded stone mound and circular or square fence connected with a loose stone “rays”, or “paths”. Harikari got its name from the Mongolian word “charges ur” — “socket of the Kyrgyz” or “Kyrgyz grave”.
The Kyrgyz were the last Turkic people who dominated the steppes of the Centre. Asia in the era of “Kyrgyz great power” in the IX—X centuries (see the State of the Yenisei Kyrgyz), before these lands migrated Mongolian nomadic tribes. So the Mongols all the ancient mounds called “Kyrgyz” by name prior to people. In scientific use the term “Harikari” was introduced by Russian scientists and travellers, who carried the expedition to Mongolia in the late XIX — early XX century. Among Heraxosov are very large structures with bulk in 60-80 m in diameter and 15 m height and diameter of circular wall 250 meters Often around the fence Heraxosov in several rows located circular calculations – altars. On the area of burial grounds adjacent to Gerakari installed in 1 or several rows of stone steles with figures of animals and a picture of a belt with weapons, which were named by the researchers “deer stones”. Under the embankment in the centre of Gerakari, at the level of the ancient nevnimateljnostj as a rule, is located, or the tomb of large stones, in which are found skeletons of people buried, laid in a stretched position, on the left side, the head to the West. Any stuff in the grave didn’t put. In many Harakara no traces of burials. However, in the embankment and the square of Harikari in later times after their construction were made of the intake of burial. Therefore, in the past, archaeologists determined the chronology Heraxosov for these later findings. For many decades in Mongolia and Transbaikalia Harikari was dated from the middle Ages and belonged to the old Turkic, or Uighur culture. However, as a result of excavations in Tuva and then in Transbaikalia, the archaeologists were able to determine that the ring fencing Heraxosov covered tiled tombs and barrows of barrows of the late bronze and early Scythian time. Continue reading
Archaeologists have discovered a Catholic reliquary in the tomb of the leader of the first Protestant Church in the USA
Finding gives the Foundation of Rome to be closer to the Vatican
WASHINGTON. American archaeologists have produced a sensation. Excavations at the first permanent English settlement in the U.S., the colony of Jamestown (Virginia), they discovered the remains of captain Gabriel Archer, one of the leaders of the settlers. The uniqueness of this discovery in two of the accompanying nuances. First, in the Archer’s grave was discovered a silver reliquary, in which were found several bones and a tiny vial filled with Holy water or blood. Secondly, the captain was buried in a hexagonal coffin, head East. In this way, indicates the American edition of the Atlantic, often buried Catholic priests. From here the intrigue: Jamestown was a Protestant colony, but now the conclusion is that it flourished clandestine Catholic community, whose members consisted of some leaders of the settlement, and the Archer could be its secret leader or even a priest. “Finding mysterious little silver box containing the relics was one of the major surprises, — said the President of Jamestown Foundation, James horn. — We’re still trying to figure out what it means: it is very uncommon to find a Catholic reliquary in the tomb of the leader of the first protestantskaja in the country.” Continue reading
In 2011, the Volgograd and Izmir have signed an agreement on friendly relations and since then, the city on the Volga river and the third largest metropolis of Turkey are closely cooperating.
Relations between the two towns began in 2002, and almost immediately the parties began to give partnership status as sister cities. However, the agreement on sister-city relations was signed only after 9 years, on April 22, 2011. The document was signed by the acting powers of the head of Volgograd Sergei Sokolov and the mayor of Metropolitan Izmir Azis Kocaoglu.
In 2016, the Volgograd and the city will celebrate its first joint anniversary – the 5th anniversary of friendly relations.
Izmir is the third largest city in Turkey, formerly Smyrna. After Istanbul it is the largest Turkish port, he’s third in Turkey by population (2.8 million people in local communities, without regard to which year-round tourists).
Izmir is one of the oldest cities in the world, he is so old that scientists do not know for certain when it was founded. It is even considered that here in the VII century BC came to light the ancient Greek poet Homer. In ancient times the city was the commercial and cultural center comparable to Troy. Continue reading