Stone grave — hi from antiquity
Stone grave — hi from antiquity. Wonderful region — the Azov steppe! Here, as in planetary chronicle, lists all milestones in the history of the Earth — everywhere geological monuments, ancient burial mounds, stone images, traces of an ancient settlement. Among these stands out “stone island” with a height of about 12 meters and a length of more than 20 — Stone Tomb.
The stone Grave is located 2 km from the village of Patience Melitopol district of Zaporozhye region and is a heap of stones covering about 3,000 square meters, height of 12 meters. The pile is shaped like a mound (in Ukrainian grave), hence the name. Stone grave at first, probably, was a Sandstone shallow Sarmatian sea, the only way out of Sandstone in the whole Azov-black sea basin, which makes it a unique geological formation. After leaving the water the former Sarmatian sea shallow, sandy left the array, the top of which (presumably due to the influence of iron lateritic loam) turned into solid Sandstone. This array of Sandstone 240 on 160 meters on top of the fine sand was in the path of the old riverbed of the Breast and for a long time (up to the shallowing of the river and displacement of the riverbed to the West) remained the island in the river. As a result water and air erosion, the Sandstone massif much ass and gradually rasolomanana many pieces. Currently Stone Tomb is a sandy hill, covered with large stones. Among heaps of stones, many natural cavities — caves, passages and the like.
The first researcher who mentioned the Stone tomb, was N. And. Veselovsky. Digging out a nearby Stone Graves in 1889 the mound, the archeologist went to the village of Patience “to check rumours”. Veselovsky found a “stone mound”, suggested that this artificial construction, in 1890 excavated several caves, but not finding any treasure or burial, became disillusioned and stopped working, leaving only a small short Entry on the Grave Stone.
Since 1932, the monument staff became interested in Melitopol local history Museum. They paid due attention to the numerous rock drawings inside the grottoes and caves of the Stone Tomb. In 1934, V. N. Danilenko, then a young employee of the Museum, who led the excavations at the tomb Stone, wrote several letters to the Institute of archaeology of the USSR Academy of Sciences, seeking further, more extensive archaeological work. In Fact, V. N. Danilenko opened the Stone tomb for his contemporaries. In 1936, the Stone tomb was finally included in the area of research of the Azov-black sea expedition of the archeology Institute of the USSR Academy of Sciences, and in 1938, has become the main object of this expedition. The expedition was headed by the famous archaeologist O. N. Bader. The researchers, mainly due to the efforts Danilenko, has opened more than 30 new points with images.
The work lasted only until 1941, as they were interrupted by the Second world war, and further studies are Stone Graves resumed it only in the fifties. In the early fifties there plans to create on the territory of Zaporizhzhya region of the South Ukrainian (Pivnichnokrymskyy) reservoir, which would flood the Stone tomb, however, the researchers were able to achieve for it the status of the reserve in 1954.
Similar places in the land unit: in Tibet, Nepal and Egypt. This “stone island”, as scientists believe, is one of the most powerful energy centers on the planet. Of great interest to the Stone Tomb show the scientists-archeologists, bioenergetics, psychics, ufologists from different countries.
Stone Grave — a natural formation. Formed presumably so: the monolithic Sandstone shallow Sarmatian sea disappeared slipped on the sand in the cavity, washed by the river, the path split into many boulders. It edinstvennoi the world, such education. Three hectares of its area — about three thousand plates, many of them covered with ancient pictures. In fact, here is “Underground “Hermitage” Azov”, as he called his book the graves of the researcher Boris Mikhailov. He, in particular, in 1990 opened the Cave Fish. The main attribute is a high relief depicting fish, executed on the stone floor, covered with petroglyphs in the form of linear-geometric shapes. The cult of the Fish was distributed not only in Sumer (Mesopotamia), but also in Siberia, Palestine, Asia Minor and Transcaucasia. “House of Fish”, or Fish Cave, in a Stone Grave — a kind of temple, where was a place for religious ceremonies. There is also a Grotto of the Dragon, the Ox, and the Bison and Cave of Artemis, etc. of Course, the title is conditional, invented by scientists. Have left their traces here, and the early Christians: in some caves among the images of mammoths and rhinos are symbols of Jesus Christ and crosses.
This is not only a monument of geological eras, but a testimony to the life of tribes held this area and left a priceless petroglyphs. Just imagine: surviving on the arches and grottoes — paintings of the Paleolithic and Mesolithic, copper age-bronze age and the middle ages. Stylized figures of deer, bulls, fish, people convey to our days originality of the worldview of the ancient man. It is known that the image of the winged horse appeared in the Ukrainian steppes, the Indo-European urheimat of the Aryans, and found a figure of the incarnation on the Stone Grave slabs. Moreover, it is widely believed that “writing” Stone Graves more archaic than written language of Sumer! Yes, there are versions that the local rock inscription were the first specimens of writing of humanity: some scientists adhere to the hypothesis that Melitopol petroglyphs and a half-two thousand years of the world famous ancient Mesopotamian clay plates.
The actual petroglyphs of the Stone Tomb, the researchers determined: their chronology encompasses the space from the XVI-XIII BC, up to X-XII centuries. These images were drawn mostly paints, in open caves of France, America, North Africa, etc. and was scratched. Only some originals and copies of petroglyphs can be seen here at the Museum: caves covered with sand. Them dig, to explore, and then go back to sleep — rescuing from destruction by modern barbarians. In new research, as always, not enough money. At the time this unique monument of human history scientists investigated tsarist Russia, in particular the famous archaeologist Nikolay Veselovsky. Since 1932 more or less consistently the Stone Tomb was studied by V. Danilenko, A. Bader, M. Rudnitsky, V. Gladilin and Boris Mikhailov.
To see the found pictures in the Museum.
Stone Grave covered with many legends. One of them says:
Guilty something hero Boghur before Allah, and he punished the hero: ordered to pull his hands from the middle of the mountain range the stones and put them on the shore of the Breast this high mountain from which all sides would be visible to the steppe. Fulfilling the command of Allah, Boghur tore from the ridge of great stones, carried them and stacked one on another as shown by Allah. For the speedy execution of the work, he resorted to cunning: the loosely piled stones. When more than half the work was already done, Boghur pulling the block, and inadvertently stumbled and fell into deliberately left between the stones of the slit, stuck there and died of hunger. Such punishment befell him for the desire to deceive Allah. After that, Allah commanded the wind to fill all the cracks with sand between the stones and close the body of the warrior Bogura, whose bones today found strangulated between the stones; the place was called Stone mountain.